Unable to use the 1Password firefox extension since upgrading to 1Password 7

b167er
b167er
Community Member
edited December 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi, ever since I upgraded to 1pw 7 I can no longer use the firefox extension. When I click on the extension, the full 1 password desktop program will come up, and then when I let go of the left mouse button, the 1password desktop program disappears. On my Windows machine, it works fine. It's just the mac that does this. Using latest firefox, on yosemite.

1Password Version: 7.2.617
Extension Version: Latest as of this post
OS Version: Yosemite, latest firefox
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @b167er,

So there a couple of things we can check before considering a diagnostic report.

1. Is the 1Password application bundle stored in /Applications/? If it isn't, hold down the alt/option key and click on the 1Password icon in the macOS menu bar at the top of the screen. Select the menu option Quit 1Password Completely. Move 1Password to /Applications/.
    2. Is the Firefox application bundle stored in /Applications/? If it isn't quit Firefox and move to /Applications/.
    3. Restart your Mac.
    4. Launch 1Password and unlock.
    5. Launch Firefox and test the extension.

If things still aren't working quit Firefox, delete the application and download a fresh copy, installing to /Applications/.

If there is still no joy we'll need to review a diagnostic report in order to locate why 1Password is unhappy. This link will guide you through the steps and has sections for the various supported versions of 1Password.

How to send a 1Password diagnostics report

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums

The email address you will want to use is support+extension@1password.com.

Once you've sent the report you should received an automated response from us with a ticket ID. If you can post that ticket ID here it will help us locate your diagnostic report and we'll see what it reveals.

This discussion has been closed.