How to stop browser extensions auto locking on iPad

britmere
britmere
Community Member

The extensions in both browsers (Safari and Chrome) on my iPad Air auto lock after each use. Using either of the extensions also locks the 1Password app. 'Auto lock' is set to the maximum 1 hour. I've tried different time values but it doesn't make any difference. 'Lock on exit' and 'PIN code' are both turned off. Other than being locked by the extensions, the app performs as it should. Both browsers are running the latest version. I am using a trial subscription (family version).

1Password Version: 7..0.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.2.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:extensions autolock

Comments

• @britmere: Do you happen to have the option of using Touch ID to unlock on this iPad Air? I didn't see this problem on my end at first (the extension remains unlocked when I have Touch ID unlocking enabled), but if I turn off Touch ID in Settings > Security, I see it lock every time. I looks like 1Password may not be respecting auto-lock settings without Touch ID enabled. I'll pass my findings along to our development team and see if we can't get that fixed up. In the meantime, if using Touch ID is an option for you, you should find the extension does not lock every time. Thanks for passing this along! :chuffed:

• britmere
    britmere
    Community Member

Thanks @bundkate. Unfortunately no Touch ID on the iPad so will need to wait for the fix.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Gotcha. Thanks for your patience while we get this sorted!

• Rayto
    Rayto
    Community Member

iOS 12, 1Password v7.2.4, still isn't working unless Touch ID is activated.

Apple didn’t discontinue fingerprint readers because they wanted to. A large number of users refused to use it.

• @Rayto,

In order for 1Password to respect the "lock on exit" setting being OFF it is necessary for some form of Quick Unlock (PIN, Touch ID, or Face ID) to be enabled in 1Password. I don't believe we have any plans to change that in the near future. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Ben

• Rayto
    Rayto
    Community Member

@Ben
    Yes, after thinking about it I understand. I begrudgingly took the PIN route.

• Fair enough. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.