To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't login, suspect master password is wrong.

rjlongo3
rjlongo3
Community Member
edited December 2018 in Memberships

I know my email is correct, and I have the correct secret key, but I suspect the master password is wrong. Is there a way to recover my master password?
Thanks, Bob Longoria

1Password Version: 7.2.4
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
_OS Version: OSX Mojave 10.14
_Sync Type: Dropbox?

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @rjlongo3! I'm sorry for the trouble. There is no way for US to reset or recover your Master Password, as we never know it, since it is not transmitted to us. If your 1Password account in question is part of a 1Password Families or 1Password Business account, you can get the Family Organizer or Administrator (respectively) to help recover your account, but WE cannot do that for you. And if you have an individual 1Password account, you will be out of luck if you cannot remember the Master Password. I'd strongly recommend trying the steps and suggestions at this page to see if you can jog your memory or otherwise recall your Master Password, because if not, the data in your account will be inaccessible. Let me know how you get on, and good luck! :)

This discussion has been closed.