Items without Tags

majortom
majortom
Community Member

Hey,
for better organization it should be possible to view / filter all items without tags.
Thank you
Tom

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the suggestion! Perhaps that could be possible in the future. :)

• majortom
    majortom
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

I hope so :)
    With over 500 items, it would be so helpful if I can see items mit missing tags.

• @majortom: You actually can find all items without tags using search. On Windows, type tag: in the search box and your item list will be filtered to show only items without tags. Make sure you don't put a space after though, because tag: will search for all items with a tag that begins with a space. :wink: On Mac, click the magnifying glass and choose "show search options". Set a search of "All Items" where "number of tags" is "less than" and enter a 1 in the box. That will show you (you guessed it) all items with no tags. :+1:

• protozzx0
    protozzx0
    Community Member

I would love this filter option (all entries without tags) in the web layout! :-)

• majortom
    majortom
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

@bundtkate Thank you very much :) This makes it much easier for me to organize my tags/items.
    As @yokk wrote: Please implement this also in the Web App.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

It's certainly something we may be able to add down the line. Thanks for letting us know it's something you'd want us to work on. :)

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

As I actually posted here (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/87772/1pw7-request-show-a-list-of-all-objects-without-tags) it would be a nice feature to search for all items which doesn't have a tag. ;)

• jimthing
    jimthing
    Community Member

@majortom: You actually can find all items without tags using search. On Windows, type tag: in the search box and your item list will be filtered to show only items without tags. Make sure you don't put a space after though, because tag: will search for all items with a tag that begins with a space. :wink: On Mac, click the magnifying glass and choose "show search options". Set a search of "All Items" where "number of tags" is "less than" and enter a 1 in the box. That will show you (you guessed it) all items with no tags. :+1:

It's strange how the tag: search works on Windows, but not on Mac – in fact any tag:Folder Name search function is unavailable on Mac.

But I guess a future feature request at least for tag-less items, will do for now.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@jimthing - one of the issues we're going to be working on in upcoming releases is platform consistency. You all know 1Password started life as a Mac app, but what you might not know is just how much of the code for each platform was written more or less independently from other platforms. Obviously, there's always been some consistency, but when it's come to things like search functions or what QR code reader to use, platform developers have been free to use their judgment on many such matters...and they have, which sometimes results in such inconsistencies in UI or even features between platforms.

• TheHooond
    TheHooond
    Community Member

Thanks @bundtkate - just dropped into the forum looking for a solution to this and you've solved it for me.

+1 to coding it into the web app.

Cheers

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.