Please support multiple vaults in the Android app

Ido
Ido
Community Member

Hi,

I know this has been asked a few times and I also know all development time and energy is going towards the 1password cloud version. But when there is a big enough user base for this request, it might make it into a development sprint. So here's one another user wanting this badly :)

I am using the offline version, because I don't believe sharing my passwords in the cloud. I know dropbox is also cloud, but has a different goal and therefor less targeted for password fishing/hacking.

I now have 2 vaults, I would also like to access these vaults from my Android device. I recently read that the iOS app does support this, so why not Android? Also the pro version doesn't support this, otherwise I would buy it right away.

I hope this feature will make it into the app somehow in the near future, now I still have a problem with my accounts and instead of making my life easier, for this part its making it more difficult. (Removing app data, configuring the app for the other vault, etc)

kind regards

Ido

1Password Version: 7.0.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Ido. Thanks for reaching out. I will pass your request on to our development team, but I'll say that we don't currently plan on supporting multiple standalone vaults. As you mentioned, our current focus is on 1Password accounts, where we do indeed support multiple vaults.

That said, 1Password is designed with the assumption that an attacker has it, so that it's secure no matter what sync method you choose. That is, it doesn't matter where it's stored, it's protected by your Master Password. Further, with an account, the data is also protected by a randomly generated 128 bit Secret Key. Your data is end to end encrypted on your devices, and it's never transmitted or stored while unencrypted. Also, with an account, we never have the keys to decrypt. You can find more info here:
    https://support.1password.com/1password-security/

Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.