Bug Report: iOS returning incorrect master password.

Options
cbm1745
cbm1745
Community Member

Couldn't find a formal bug reporting location, so posting here. The 1Password iOS application would not let me log in to the app, as it said I had the incorrect master password repeatedly, however, I was entering the correct password as I could successfully log in on the desktop application.

I was able to solve this by uninstalling and reinstalling the application.

1Password Version: 7.2.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 12.1.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cbm1745: Thanks for reaching out! This is definitely the place to come. :)

Unfortunately the problem you're having isn't a bug, so there isn't something we can do to "fix" it for you. The 1Password app unlocks using the Master Password of the first vault/account you have setup there. That's why reinstalling it and setting it up the same way as the Mac app allows you to use the same Master Password for both.

Anyway, I'm glad you were able to get it sorted, but we're here if you have any questions about 1Password. Happy holidays! :)

• cbm1745
    cbm1745
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the quick reply!

That makes sense, however, it had been working correctly with the same vault as my Mac app for the past few weeks with the same password as my Mac app vault. Could it have defaulted back to the first account set up on the iPhone when updating or something like that?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@cbm1745: Sure thing! :) It's based entirely on how you've set it up. If you have any local vaults, the Master Password for the first -- the Primary -- will be the one used to unlock, even if you also have a 1Password account setup in the app. If you have only (a) 1Password account(s) setup in the app, the Master Password of the first one you added will unlock the app, even if you have more then one. It's important to note that 1Password doesn't actually care what your Master Password is; it isn't stored anywhere. It simply uses what you enter as an input to try to decrypt the data. If the Master Password you enter does not match what was used to encrypt it, it will fail.

This discussion has been closed.