1PasswordSetup-7.2.617.exe crashes on windows 10

when 1password try to update or install this version "1PasswordSetup-7.2.617.exe" it crashes with a temp install error

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Ghurkki,

Thanks for reporting this. I've moved your thread to the general Windows forum since you originally posted it in the Windows Beta forum.

Do you use McAfee or any anti-malware solution that blocks running executable files from the temp directory? If yes, you'll have to whitelist 1Password installer or temporarily disable the solution before you install 1Password.

• Ghurkki
    Ghurkki
    Community Member

Hi
    thanks for the fast reply, i did found my problem
    it was microsoft windows 10 ransomeware protection setting that blocked the installation

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Ghurkki,

Thank you for keeping us posted! I am glad to hear you've found the culprit.

Let us know if there is anything else I can help you with, we are always here for you. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• keno_
    keno_
    Community Member

I wasn't able to get past this problem. I'm using windows 7 though

• Hi @Keno_,

Thanks for writing in.

You're seeing temp install error or what are you seeing? Not all crashes are the same, so they won't have the same solution.

If you're using Windows 7, the first thing is to make sure you have Microsoft .NET 4.6.1 or later installed. If you're not sure, install the latest .NET version from here, reboot, uninstall and reinstall 1Password 7, see if that helps.

• keno_
    keno_
    Community Member

I apologize, i gave the wrong information. I was told it was a windows 7 machine, but it's actually Windows 8 with a Windows 7 skin on it.

I'm getting an error when installing the app, it crashes at the very end of the install with a generic error message (Program stopped working)

• Hi @keno_,

It would be the same thing, you have to install the latest .NET version first.

Uninstall 1Password 7, install .NET version, reboot and try installing 1Password 7.

• pir2
    pir2
    Community Member

I installed .NET as advised but still have the same problem as @keno_

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pir2,

Each setup is different, so you might have a different reason for this issue. Could you please provide more information about your setup and tell us what happens? Do you have Windows 7 or Windows 8.1? Do you see any error messages?

The additional information about the issues you are having will be really helpful. Thank you!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.