How do I "Invite" a new family member?

egilbert0000
egilbert0000
Community Member

Online help says to "Click Invitations in the sidebar." and then to "Click the Invite button, enter their email addresses, then click Invite." But, I can find no "Invitations" anywhere in my sidebar, or in any menu within the 1Password application. I'm now very confused... I've added one family member previously without issue several weeks back, but now that I need to add another several weeks later, I cannot remember what I did, so I am trying to follow the online guidance, but I'm stuck as it does not seem to be working as the online help suggests it should. Please help...

1Password Version: 7.0.7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Family Plan

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@egilbert0000: When you login to your account on 1Password.com in your web browser, what do you see on the right?

https://start.1password.com

• egilbert0000
    egilbert0000
    Community Member

Oops. My bad. I was looking in the app UI itself, not my online account on 1Password.com. Thanks for the wake-up.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're welcome! And honestly, I'm sorry that it wasn't clearer. It would certainly be nice to be able to do that from right inside the app! Long-term, we'd like to have more capabilities like that accessible without having to go through the website. :)

• daytontp75
    daytontp75
    Community Member

What do I do if there is nothing in the Sidebar to Invite someone? I have been trying to find this and all the support docs mention options I do not see. I have an Individual account and want to invite to a Family account.

• rob
    rob
    edited July 2018

Hi, @daytontp75.

If you have an individual account, you should see an option in the sidebar labeled "Invite People", like this:

Do you see that?

• daytontp75
    daytontp75
    Community Member

Nope, Just Home and Billing.

• rob
    rob
    edited August 2018

Hi, @daytontp75.

I see. I believe the only reason you wouldn't see that option is if you subscribed through Apple/iTunes. If that's the case, you'd need to cancel that subscription and subscribe through your account directly in order to upgrade to a family account.

If that's something you'd like to do, please contact us at support+forum@1password.com. When you do you'll get an automatic response with a support ID. Paste that ID here so we can follow up quickly. :)

• Jasonang
    Jasonang
    Community Member

I have a similar problem. I downloaded the app onto my iPhone and signed up for a trial account. Now I would like to add my wife but I don't see the option. How do I fix this?

• Hi @Jasonang

Please see Rob's reply above. :)

Ben

• Jasonang
    Jasonang
    Community Member

That's not enough information. What does it mean to cancel my current subscription and subscribe through my other account directly?? How do I do that and why should I have to do that?? I simply installed the app from the iPhone like any normal person would to try it out. Now that I want to add a family member I have to delete my trial??? Will I lose all my accounts and passwords????????

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2018

@Jasonang

This is the key bit:

If that's something you'd like to do, please contact us at support+forum@1password.com. When you do you'll get an automatic response with a support ID. Paste that ID here so we can follow up quickly. :)

We can explain further via email, but as we'll need to access your account information it isn't something we can handle here in this public forum. Sorry for the inconvenience.

To answer some of your questions:

1) It isn't possible to switch between account types when subscribed via Apple, which is what makes this process necessary.
    2) You don't have to delete anything. The process is to unsubscribe through Apple and then subscribe directly through us. This is a billing change only, it doesn't have any effect on your data.

Ben

• Jasonang
    Jasonang
    Community Member

GJI-86244-111

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks! We'll continue the conversation via email. :)

ref: GJI-86244-111

In case it helps anyone else, if you've subscribed through Apple and chosen an individual 1Password membership, you cannot invite people to that; and the iTunes/App Store subscription system isn't able to accommodate changing between completely different account setups. But switching to billing through the 1Password.com website instead allows account/plan changes, and we can help you do that if you'll contact us at sales@1password.com from your account's registered email address.

• Jasonang
    Jasonang
    Community Member

Hi Brent are you still there? Waiting for an email reply. I cancelled my account on Monday. Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Since it looks like you were able to receive my email, we'll continue the conversation there. Cheers! :)

• HatefulBlock744
    HatefulBlock744
    Community Member

I'm assuming the above advice applies to Android devices and subscriptions through the Play Store aswell?

• @HatefulBlock744

That is my understanding, yes. Please reach out to our billing team at support+billing@1password.com for options. They should be able to get you switched over to direct billing, which would allow you to upgrade your membership to 1Password Families. :)

Ben

• HatefulBlock744
    HatefulBlock744
    Community Member

Ok, thanks Ben

• You're very welcome. :)

Ben

• nessts
    nessts
    Community Member

hi can you help me switch as well #SUU-97258-151

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Certainly @nessts, I can see that you are already in contact with Ashley via email :)

And welcome to the forum!

ref: SUU-97258-151

• dclaus
    dclaus
    Community Member

Hi, can you also help me switch #QGR-14232-422

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dclaus:

Certainly, someone will reply to your email as soon as possible :+1:

ref: QGR-14232-422