In 1Password for Windows, can I search for items that don't contain a particular tag?

Hi,

A little bit of context. I try to use 1Password, in addition to managing passwords themselves (and filling them in browsers, etc.), as a way of keeping track of what information I have given to any given service - so that, for instance, when I move house, I have a convenient list of all the web sites that "know" my address (and I can then go and update them, and so forth), and also I can note when a web site doesn't have a record of my address so I can ignore that one. It of course happens from time to time that I haven't recorded that information in respect of a particular web site; so being able to say "show me all the items that have neither tag home_address nor tag no_address" is useful.

I have already discovered the "tag:home_address" option as a way of finding all items (and only those items) that have the tag home_address. However, the options that I have tried such as "!tag:home_address", "NOT tag:home_address", "tag:!home_address", "-tag:home_address", "tag:-home_address" and so on are all drawing blanks. Is there another search query I should be using instead, or does this feature currently not exist?

1Password Version: 7.2.617
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password Families

Comments

• MikeT
    edited December 2018

Hi @Scintimandrion,

Thanks for writing in.

More advanced search syntax and UI is coming in the future but for now, you can't do multiple tag searches. You can seach for no-tag by using tag: with nothing after : . There is a way to do what you want; select the home_address tag on the sidebar and then enter tag: in the item list search.

ref: opw/opw#2774

This discussion has been closed.