1Password 7.3 Beta 5 is out with password strength support in item viewer

Hi guys,

Happy Holidays and today, we have another beta update for you. This time, we finally implemented the password strength bar in the item viewer and we now have the ability to copy individual parts of the address field.

Changelog

7.3.642:

An empty saved URL may cause 1Password to crash.

7.3.640:

[NEW] Password strengths are now available in the item viewer. {OPW-1458}
[IMPROVED] Copy individual parts of the address field. {OPW-3643}
[IMPROVED] As an advanced command line option, 1Password can now open or create a new database in a separate location (1Password.exe --database=). {OPW-3657}
[FIXED] The item's highlighted background color disappeared if the 1Password window was closed and restored. {OPW-3658}

Comments

• burn123
    burn123
    Community Member

@MikeT This is definitely a welcome addition! Is there any plans to support password strength in the list of items, so we can see the strength of all our passwords at once? I liked being able to sort by password strength in 1password 4.
    Also, when I right click on an item in this release, my tags don't show up when I hover over "Tags".

• Hi @burn123,

Is there any plans to support password strength in the list of items, so we can see the strength of all our passwords at once? I liked being able to sort by password strength in 1password 4.

Yes, we will have additional sorting options to the item lists to help you sort by the password strength. However, we probably won't add the color bars to the item list itself as that can have a performance impact.

Also, when I right click on an item in this release, my tags don't show up when I hover over "Tags".

Is that on all items in any vaults or a specific vault?

I'm not seeing that issue yet.

• burn123
    burn123
    Community Member

@MikeT I only have one vault, and the only thing I see in that menu is the place to enter new tag

• Hi @burn123,

If you go to All Items on the left side bar and then select all items (Control + A), right-click them, anything show up in tags?

The tags menu is filtered by the item list, so if you have a few item with no tags, you won't see any tags. I know this is a bit confusing and we plan to redo this once we add drag and drop to the sidebar.

• burn123
    burn123
    Community Member

@MikeT It seems if I filter by any tag, I only get the tag that I searched for in that list. So when I look at all items, it shows all my tags, if I search tag: then I get no items, if I search tag:fun then I only get fun in my list of tags when I right click

• Hi @burn123,

That's to be expected at the moment; we grab the tags from the items in the item list, rather than from the vault itself. This is because the tag metadata is stored as part of the item and there's no separate list of tags stored elsewhere.

We definitely will change this as the context menu was quickly added to help manage tags when we didn't have the ability to rename/delete tags on the sidebar. Now, we do have that ability, we're planning to either remove the tag menu or redo it in a way that it is more intuitive to use. Right now, it is very confusing to use but it wasn't designed for daily use.

• sgerum
    sgerum
    Community Member

Where can I report german translation issues?

• Hi @sgerum,

You can report it in this beta forum and we'll pass it on to our translation team.

• sgerum
    sgerum
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT ,
    here are some german translation issues.

Never --> Niemals
    seconds --> Sekunden
    minute --> Minute
    minutes --> Minuten
    hour --> Stunde
    Hours --> Stunden

never --> Niemals
    after --> nach
    seconds --> Sekunden
    minute --> Minute
    minutes --> Minuten

More are yet to come.

Regards Sven

• sgerum
    sgerum
    Community Member

Copy adress --> Kopieren Adresse or Adresse kopieren
    Copy street --> Kopieren Strasse or Strasse kopieren
    Copy state --> Kopieren Bundesland/Kanton or Bundesland/Kanton kopieren
    Copy zip --> Kopieren Postleitzahl or Postleitzahl kopieren (Postleitzahl or PLZ)
    Copy country --> Kopieren Land or Land kopieren

Reveal --> Einblenden or Anzeigen
    Large Type --> Gross dartellen

The right translation of "Reveal" ist "verraten". It´s like to betray someone. I think "Einblenden" or "Anzeigen" is better

Conceal --> Ausblenden
    The right translation of "Conceal" ist "verheimlichen". It´s like a secret. "Ausblenden" is better

• Hi @sgerum,

Thanks for reporting these. Unfortunately, the time options are not localized yet but we will fix that in a future update.

As for the copy menu, that'll be fixed soon as they're brand new in 1Password 7.3 Beta 5 update and it takes time for our translation team to localize the new strings. Due to the holidays, it may take a while for the localizations to show up but they'll be localized soon.

We just released 1Password 7.3 Beta 6 and as such, I'll close this thread, so we can talk in the new update thread.

This discussion has been closed.