starting up new Mac mini with Mojave OS. Downloaded 1password and can't add family account.

kdkimball
kdkimball
Community Member

When I go to add my 1Password family account, I get the error "An SSL error has occurred and a secure connection cannot be made". The software then asks me if I want to continue to connect with only one selection that takes be back to the screen. I do have my secret key and password, but 1Password is not connecting to transmit that data.

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Extension Version: 7.2.2
OS Version: OS X Mojave
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:can't connect family account to new computer

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kdkimball: 1Password won't be able to fix a connection issue, and it isn't going to communicate over an insecure connection. But if you can stop whatever is preventing the establishment of a secure connection that should resolve it. Do you have 3rd party "security" software or other apps that could be interfering?

• kdkimball
    kdkimball
    Community Member

You are correct, it was a connection issue. I resolved it. I tried to go to the family web address directly from a browser and it would not locate the address. I then checked the DNS server setting and found that there were no DNS servers in the setup. The ISP DNS server wasn't locating the address. So I added the google DNS servers and it connected right away. Thanks for the response.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Weird. Glad you were able to to get it sorted! We can live without internet if we have to...but we don't have to like it. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.