1Password 7 for Mac not giving me the option for WLAN.

Options
razza
razza
Community Member

I am new to 1Password. I have downloaded 1Password7, gone to Preferences, there is no option to select WLAN. What do I need to do as I want to synch to devices.

1Password Version: 1Password7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: WLAN
Referrer: forum-search:1password 7 and Mac sync

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

You don't say what version of 1PW, or whether you have a licence or a subscription.

The likelihood is that you have a subscription (as the licence option is somewhat hidden). In that case syncing is autmatic through 1password.com and so the WLAN option is not available.

If you absolutely want to use only local methods of syncing, this can be done, but you lose many of the benefits of 1PW>

• razza
    razza
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your comments. Can you please provide instructions on how to manage 1password 7 with a subscription so that I can save my data using WLAN and keeping it on a local computer.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@razza: We don't recommend it, as you then don't have an automatic offsite encrypted backup of your 1Password data, and have to manage your network environment and syncing between devices yourself. But if you enable local vaults in Preferences > Advanced, you'll be able to sync the Primary and any other vaults you create on your Mac. Just keep in mind that you won't get many of the benefits of a 1Password membership in that case (like Travel Mode, two-factor authentication, item history, etc.), not having the data in your account.

This discussion has been closed.