Please add a Shortcut to open the 1Password App [Available in 7.3 beta update]

PeterSawatzki
PeterSawatzki
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I'd be more than happy if you could add a shortcut to open the 1Password App or maybe let me choose to open the 1Password App instead of the Mini App as an option. I almost never want the Mini App when searching for/editing items. I already raised this somewhere else (don't recall where) so bear with me if you read this here again.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited March 2018

Hi @PeterSawatzki,

Thanks for writing in.

We plan to add this in a future update once we rebuild how we process the keyboard shortcuts. As of right now, 1Password is not really in a good state where we can add more shortcut options to it.

For now, what you can do is pin 1Password to taskbar, move it to the far left and use Windows Key + 1 to open it.

The other option is hold the Control key while clicking on 1Password icon in the notification area, this will open the main 1Password app for you.

• PeterSawatzki
    PeterSawatzki
    Community Member

Mike,

thanks for taking care. I'm really looking forward to it.

And thanks a lot for the Control-click trick it is something that helps.

Peter

• MikeT
    edited March 2018

Hi @PeterSawatzki,

I updated my post, not sure if you saw it because I realized it at the last moment. If you pin 1Password to the taskbar and move it to the far left position, you can use the Windows Key + digit (position on the taskbar) to open it. So, if 1Password is the first app, use Windows Key + 1 to open it.

I hope that that helps.

• PeterSawatzki
    PeterSawatzki
    Community Member

Hey, that is a great idea. It works like a charm.

Thanks MIke!

• You’re welcome!

• PeterSawatzki
    PeterSawatzki
    Community Member

Mike thanks for adding the feature to the latest beta release!!!

• Hi @PeterSawatzki,

You're welcome. Please do let us know how the shortcuts are working out for you as they're a custom implementation with a lot of work that went into it. We'd like to know if it is working well.

• PeterSawatzki
    PeterSawatzki
    Community Member

Mike,
    so far the shortcut (I use Win-Y to invoke the 1Password app) works fine for me. Great feature that I use daily.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! Thanks for letting us know. It's great to add these features, but it's even better to hear that they become a part of your workflow. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.