hard copy of 1password

Can I take a hard copy of all the information I store on 1password just in case my pc/ipad suffers a total faiure and I lose everything?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• tonybushell
    tonybushell
    Community Member

Can I take a hard copy of all the information I store on 1password just in case my pc/ipad suffers a total faiure and I lose everything?

• tonybushell
    tonybushell
    Community Member

Can I take a hard copy of all the information I store on 1password just in case my pc/ipad suffers a total faiure and I lose everything?Can I take a hard copy of all the information I store on 1password just in case my pc/ipad suffers a total faiure and I lose everything?

• Hi @tonybushell,

There are multiple ways of protecting against this. I myself have no concerns about losing my devices because I know that I have my Emergency Kit safely saved away in a place that I don't need to worry about. This is the recommended way of solving this problem. That way should you have a total failure of all devices at the same time you can get up and running on a new device quickly.

Some people feel safer with something that they can hold in their hands though (beyond the Emergency Kit). 1Password for Mac supports bulk printing all of your data so that you can then store it all in a safe somewhere.

I hope this helps.

Rick

• majortom
    majortom
    Community Member

Hey @rickfillion

I'm not a Mac user. Is it planned to implement the bulk print function in the Windows version or better in the web app?

Maybe I'm just a bit paranoid, but I'm worried that for some reason, my data stored in the 1Password Cloud will be lost.
    That's why I would like to regularly make a local backup of my data.
    The best would be a data dump including all documents and a PDF that contains all the information in legible form.

Best regards
    Thomas

• We're looking at building a digital solution for that. I'm not aware of plans to further build out printing support. Printing is very inefficient and quite wasteful when it comes to data that is as dynamic and vast as most 1Password databases. Additionally recovering from paper would be an extremely painful process. Digital backups on the other hand can make a lot of sense. We already have digital backups on our end but are looking at adding local digital backup support (beyond the current local cache currently available). I don't have further to share at the moment, but it is something we're looking very closely at.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.