setting up a family account

Options
Kavita
Kavita
Community Member

I'm having trouble setting up a new family account as the primary organizer. I first signed in as a new user on my father's desktop Mac. When attempting to link his account, I get the following error message: "A member from [family name] has already been added to 1Password.
You cannot add two accounts from the same Family or Team." The current list of authorized devices associated with our account should be tied to his profile. Please advise how to proceed to avoid further confusion.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Kavita! I'm sorry it's taken us an entire year to answer you. ;)

We've actually got a great guide for 1Password Families organizers, which should be able to guide you through the process. If you're getting that specific message, it sounds like you've perhaps already invited your father? If so, he will receive an email from us and be taken through the same sign-up process that you went through (creating a Master Password, receiving a Secret Key), but before his account can be "live," you'll have to confirm his sign-up (this is a security measure). In other words, on your own device, signed into your own account, you'll see a notification that your father has completed his sign-up -- click to confirm him, and he'll be a full member of the account...but not until you do that. Hope that helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.