I am currently running version 4.6.2.626. On the Chrome Extension Detail it shows 4.7.3.90.

Q1. What is the current version for Windows
Q2. Why do I show 4.6.2.626 and Chrome extension differs.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:latest version

Comments

• MikeT
    edited December 2018

Hi @AustmanBob,

Thanks for writing in.

1. 1Password 7.2.617 for Windows is the latest current version; you can learn more about 1Password 7 here: https://support.1password.com/explore/whats-new-windows/
    2. 1Password extensions and 1Password apps are two separate "components"; they're also updated separately. They do not have to be the same version. In fact, 1Password 4 to 7 on both Windows and macOS can integrate with the same 1Password extension versions. This gives us the flexibility to update the extension with fixes for various sites without having to update the 1Password apps.
  • AustmanBob
    AustmanBob
    Community Member

Website says V6 will automatically update to V7. Mine does not. How do I do manually.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@AustmanBob: You do not have version 6. You have version 4. 1Password for Windows version 6 was only available as part of a 1Password.com membership, and since that includes all of the apps and updates, anyone using that would have been offered the upgrade to version 7 when it was released last year. You can find more information in the announcement detailing what's new:

1Password 7 for Windows: The Best Ever

And let us know if you have any questions. :)

• AustmanBob
    AustmanBob
    Community Member

Thanks

• AustmanBob
    AustmanBob
    Community Member

Can I uninstall V4.6.2.626 and keep vaults

• Absolutely, @AustmanBob! You have two options when upgrading to 1Password 7. How you will bring your vaults along is fairly similar either way, but it's worth knowing which direction you'd like to go ahead of time. You can stick with a standalone vault, which is what you've been using. If you choose this route, you'll want to purchase a standalone license, which allows you to use 1Password 7 on as many PCs as you own and sync your data between devices via a third-party sync service, like Dropbox. Alternatively, you can choose a 1Password membership which always includes the latest apps across all of your devices and allows you to sync automatically using our secure servers. A 1Password membership also comes with some awesome additional features like Item History and Travel Mode.

No matter your choice, your first step will be to select your current sync method on the 1Password 7 Welcome screen and open your first vault. Next, you'll see a window asking you how you'd like to upgrade. To choose a 1Password membership, click the "Subscribe Today" button. You'll be sent to sign up for your membership, can add your new 1Password.com account to your app and your vault's data will be automatically imported. If you have additional vaults you need to import into your account, choose 1Password > Import, then select the AgileKeychain or OPVault option and you can import any additional vaults from there. If you prefer a standalone vault, click the link below "Subscribe today" that says, "Need a license? We have those too." From there you can purchase your license. Once you've done so, you can apply your license, then open any additional vaults by choosing 1Password > Open Vault on this PC.

I hope this helps, but if you have questions along the way, you know where to find us. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.