Removing TOTP requirement in op

saedalavinia
saedalavinia
Community Member

Hello 1Password Team.

I have just started using op and I love it. It especially helps me automate getting TOTP. However, as a user who has TOTP enable on the 1password account as well, it becomes somewhat pointless to have a TOTP just to automate TOTP (apart from consolidation of all TOTP into one).
I believe just like the desktop version, the op version should allow users to bypass TOTP after first login.

I understand the 3rd MFA may not add much security, but I still like to have it enabled (after all the feature is there for people like us), but not on my trusted devices so that I can refresh my session token by just providing my Master Key.

Thoughts?

PS:
op --version

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I think that sounds reasonable. Currently you're authenticating each time, so of course it requires two-factor authentication at that point as well. It's a new sign in just like when you setup any other 1Password app with your account. It just isn't persistent the way it works with the native apps. I can definitely see how it would be desirable to have the CLI app work in a similar fashion. Thanks for the feedback! :)

• cohix
    cohix
    1Password Alumni

@saedalavinia Thanks for letting us know, this is something we have in the pipeline, keep your eyes out for new versions :)

This discussion has been closed.