My 1password chrome extension is blurry

The text in my 1password chrome extension is very blurry. So is the pop-up menu when I right-click the tray icon. I already followed the guide that helped make the text in the main application clear, but this had no affect on the chrome extension. I found a few links to help articles that gave me a 404 error. Is there a solution to this problem?

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: 6.2.92
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:1password chrome extension blurry windows 10

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Boots,

Thanks for taking time to contact us!

That does sound like a known issue with 1Password 4 for Windows and high-resolution displays. I've just sent an email to you with the instructions, so please check your inbox. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: TSR-98492-567

• Boots
    Boots
    Community Member

Hi @Greg,

Thank you very much for your reply. I had followed those steps already and it did fix the issue of the main application window having blurry text, but the chrome extension menu and the right-click menu from the tray both still have blurry text.

• Boots
    Boots
    Community Member

@Greg,

I'm very sorry. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but for some reason my memory is telling me that the link you sent me in your email was the solution for the main application. I went back to my email after I replied to you here, and actually read it thoroughly this time, and the solution you had provided worked great! No blurriness. I think I need to get checked out.

Thanks for your help Greg!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@Boots: Great news! :chuffed: I am glad to hear that it helped with 1Password app and 1Password extension.

Please feel free to contact us anytime in the future, we are always ready to help you with everything. Have a wonderful week!

Cheers,
    Greg

• elliott
    elliott
    Community Member

Hi Can you send me the same email. Just to let you know I am very very happy with 1 password 4. However I find it is blurry on my screen thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@elliott: We have a support article that covers this:

Configure high DPI settings for 1Password 4 for Windows

It will not make the old Windows app look like a new Windows app, but you may find the tweak more to your liking.

However, I'd recommend upgrading, since 1Password 4 was discontinued in 2017, and will not support any OS or browser changes going forward. If you'd like help making the transition, just shoot us an email at sales@1password.com and we can go over the options with you. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.