How to delete username and password for website. No option for it + states "Read Only"

inkletdrops
inkletdrops
Community Member

Running the most recent 1password and Mojave on mac.

I'm guessing that I need to purchase a premium account to delete entries?? Since it takes me to the signup page when I click the Read Only button (which is clever).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:How to delete

Comments

• inkletdrops
    inkletdrops
    Community Member
    edited October 2018

WHY IS THERE NEVER A DELETE FEATURE FOR ANYTHING!!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @inkletdrops! Indeed, if you've been a 1Password user in the past and you've upgraded to 1Password 7 for Mac, it will require either a 1password.com membership (subscription) or a new standalone license for version 7 specifically, in order to remove Read Only mode. Being in Read Only mode means that you cannot add, edit or delete any of your data, or use the browser extension, until you do one of those two things. Hope that helps. :)

• ksvasudeva
    ksvasudeva
    Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem. I am a subscriber, but I can't figure out how to delete a website along with its password using the 1 password symbol on the safari browser.
    appreciate any help you can offer.
    Thanks -

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ksvasudeva - I'm personally a much bigger fan of doing any sort of moving/editing/"housecleaning" in the main app and not the mini/extension, precisely because you've got more options and a larger canvas there, but you can delete items from the 1Password database if you no longer need them, right in the mini. Just click the "carat" to the right of any item you see in the list to open it fully, click "Edit" at the top of the item, then scroll down to the bottom and click "Move to Trash":

Hope that helps! :)

• ksvasudeva
    ksvasudeva
    Community Member

Hi, I have the same problem. I am a subscriber, but I can't figure out how to delete a website along with its password using the 1 password symbol on the safari browser.
    appreciate any help you can offer.
    Thanks -

• ksvasudeva
    ksvasudeva
    Community Member

OOPS! SORRY - I'd meant to say: Many thanks Lars. My fault I should have scrolled down all the way. Really appreciate your help in resolving this for me.
    With best regards,

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ksvasudeva - you're quite welcome! Glad I was able to assist. :)

This discussion has been closed.