Batch Export Multiple Vaults

Is there a way to easily export more than one vault at a time? We have a lot vaults and exporting them each one at a time to create cold archives that we can store offline is very difficult since we have to do each one individually.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14.2
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Doodler_Benji
    edited January 2019

Hi @wavesound - Do you mean keeping an encrypted copy of the vault in a place you can access outside of 1Password to make manual backup copies from, that can be used with 1Password later?

You can manage your vault sync options within 1Password preferences > vaults > sync option.

If you want to keep your vaults syncing with a local folder, Dropbox or iCloud you can setup sync there.

For example, you could have a standalone vault sync with a local folder, https://support.1password.com/local-folder/

This would at least provide you with an copy of your data encrypted by your Master Password, instead of running the risk of keeping exported, decrypted data somewhere outside of 1Password.

Standalone vaults, can and do get a little messy with lots of vaults and is why we recommend 1Password accounts as it takes away the headache of having to keep things managed like this. You can also have loads of vaults in an account and keeping them managed is an absolute breeze - not forgetting to mention being protected by your Master Password AND a Secret Key for even stronger defenses.

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member

Benji,

Thank you for your reply. I have both a Family and a Business account which is why I posted this in the business/teams section. We need to keep copies of our vaults offline as a contingency in case 1Password.com fails. We really like 1Password, but we plan for the worst case scenario where all of our digital copies are corrupted/lost and we need an to restore from cold backups. Exporting provides us with that option, but we have to do it one vault at a time and with 20+ vaults, it’s a pain. Being able to export all of these vaults or select vaults at a time would be a very useful feature for us.

• Thank you for yours! I'd love to be able to suggest an alternative method to exporting so many but I've not got such a suggestion to be able to provide. Fingers crossed we're able to provide something that can help you in your circumstance later on, or maybe any colleagues here could suggest something to try speeding up that process.

• wavesound
    wavesound
    Community Member

Thank Benji, could you pass along as a feature request to un-hide the "Export" menu option on the Mac when "All Vaults" are selected as start and expand it in tandem with a multi-vault view as suggested here? https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/100245/select-different-vault-views#latest :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Hey, no fair trying to "stuff the ballot box"! ;)

• It's okay @brenty i've got a new shiny requests box coming later today on Prime. When i've got around to unpacking it, i'll add the request to it :+1: No promises but I'll request it. I'm pretty certain that if it was possible it would of been done already - but no harm in asking eh? :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:lol:

This discussion has been closed.