Discussion forum conduct

Im_n8
Im_n8
Community Member

If you don't want 6 month old posts answered, then delete the posts:
https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/486288/#Comment_486288

Does it really matter if its 6 months old? As the above post comes up at the top of my recent searches as the most relevant, why wouldn't one provide an answer, to help others in the same situation? Isn't that the whole point of these forums? To share solutions?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Im_n8

I apologize for my shortness in my original reply to you. I'm glad you started this thread to give me an opportunity to elaborate. It's fine (appreciated, even) to answer questions that are outstanding. On that particular thread as I mentioned there hadn't been any activity for (nearly) 6 months. There wasn't an outstanding issue.

Does it really matter if its 6 months old?

It does if there hasn't been any activity on the thread in that timeframe. If the thread starter needed further help I'm sure they would've replied at some point in the last 6 months indicating that. Lars even asked "Are you still having trouble with Chrome not autofilling your passwords?" We generally assume no response means no further action is required.

Isn't that the whole point of these forums? To share solutions?

Yes, of course. Your point is well taken. I'm sorry if I gave a negative impression. We're currently dealing with an incredibly high volume of requests and so I may have been a bit more brief in my original response than I should have been. My intention isn't to discourage your participation, but we do try to make sure a 1Password Team Member has the last reply on each thread. Replying to a 6-month old thread where there hasn't been any recent activity seemingly unnecessarily adds to that workload. I'd be very happy to have you contribute to more recent and outstanding threads.

If you don't want 6 month old posts answered, then delete the posts:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/486288/#Comment_486288

We do typically lock threads after 6 months of inactivity, but making that happen is a manual process and so it isn't always done at exactly the 6 month mark, and that thread was just shy of 6 months of inactivity.

Thanks for your consideration.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.