Google requires login every day

nxd10
nxd10
Community Member

Every single day my iPhone requires me to provide my google passwords in settings. 1Password does not work to fill it in. This I do this long copy paste dance every day. Why isn’t iPhone remembering the password and why isn’t 1Password working in iOS system?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@nxd10: It definitely doesn't sound normal. I have about half a dozen accounts setup on iOS, and occasionally I need to re-authenticate with my password, but it's certainly not every day -- more like every few months. I don't really know what the solution might be though, as staying signed into 3rd party services in the OS is far outside the scope of 1Password. It's something you'd need to get in touch with Google and/or Apple about.

Regarding having to copy and paste the password, not knowing the specifics of where you're trying to do this, that might be necessary. But if whatever dialog you're trying to use to login supports iOS 12 Password Autofill, you could use that there:

https://support.1password.com/ios-autofill/

Not everything allows that though.

• nxd10
    nxd10
    Community Member

I will try that. This has only happened since Thursday. It’s been bizarre phone behavior.

• nxd10
    nxd10
    Community Member

Actually that is set up. Sometimes new apps or newly updated apps need a close and restart before drawing on 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's strange. have you tried restarting the device? Maybe something is hung up and preventing things from working normally across multiple apps. But again, not all of them support Autofill.

This discussion has been closed.