New family account plus two existing family members

Gorlin
Gorlin
Community Member

I have already made a support request [#BSP-34682-789] but maybe someone else can help as we want to start using 1password as quick as possible.

so we have created a new family account with a family shared mail address. Then we have added two adults. Both of the adult accounts had a premium subscription back in 2018 but it is expired.
Invite process took some time but finally worked and within the family account (that is in trial but with added cc) we can see both members.
However if we now use the iPhone app and open 1password there is still the information that our accounts are frozen. The system does not seem to recognize that we now are part of the family. How can we change that?

Cheers
Alex

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2019

Hi @Gorlin,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. It sounds like you currently have multiple 1Password memberships. To achieve the outcome you're looking for you'd need to copy any remaining data from the old individual membership into the new 1Password Families membership and then delete the old one.

Sign into the 1Password Families membership on each device, if not already completed:

Move any data from the old to the new:

Then delete the old membership:

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• Gorlin
    Gorlin
    Community Member

Thanks, Ben!
    That helped - just deleted all existing personal accounts and let them re-create by adding them as family members.

Cheers
    Alex

• Glad @Ben was able to help! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.