To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Membership pricing query

Options
garethunderhill
garethunderhill
Community Member

Hi,

I've been on the trial subscription, and I'm likely to upgrade to the paid family plan, but I'm confused by the pricing options. On your website it is displaying as $4.99 per month when paid annually, which works out to £3.83 . On my iPhone it is saying £6.49 per month with no annual option, on my Mac it's saying £5.99 and I can't tell if that's paying monthly or annually.

Is this all correct? If so, obviously I'll pay direct....

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @garethunderhill

If you're subject to any taxes (i.e. VAT) those taxes will be included in the price that Apple shows for paying via their App Stores, as they have enough information about you to do that. The price on our website does not include any applicable taxes, but they will be shown once you've entered your billing information (before you commit to subscribe). This is because up to that point we don't have enough information about you to calculate what taxes are due.

It is possible to pay either monthly or annually through Apple or us directly, but the rate is 20% higher for monthly billings. To get this option from Apple you have to first subscribe to annual billing and then switch to monthly billing in Apple's billing interface:

View, change, or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• garethunderhill
    garethunderhill
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

thanks for such a quick reply! That makes sense. Potentially an advantage to be gained on exchange rates, but a future gamble!?!

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2018
    Options

Indeed. With Apple the currency exchange is performed by them, whereas when subscribing direct the currency conversion will be performed by your card issuer (likely your bank). We do also have https://1password.eu which is located in Germany and charges in EUR. I'm not sure if that would be any more favorable. This is a totally separate instance (I.e. it doesn't "talk" to 1Password.com) so if you decided to go that route you'd need to manually copy your data over to a new account:

Move items between vaults | 1Password

Ben

• Eduardo Martinez
    Eduardo Martinez
    Community Member
    Options

is the Monthly subscription only available thru the App Stores (Mac/iOS) ?

• Ben
    Options

It is available direct as well. :+1:

Ben

This discussion has been closed.