To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I purchased 1 password for my windows laptop so have a licence key. How do I get it on my iPhone?

Options
Zizi
Zizi
Community Member

I have been using it on my laptop for over a year but want to access on my iPhone. I have downloaded the app, but it won't let me sign in without a secret key. It says I don't need one if I have a license, but it won't let me sign in. It says to contact 1Password for help!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have the 1Password on my windows laptop, so have a licence, how do I add to iPhone?

Comments

• Zizi
    Zizi
    Community Member
    Options

When I contact email support, a page pops up saying it's loading but never does!

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Zizi

You can download 1Password for iOS here:

1Password on the iTunes App Store

When using 1Password "standalone" (with a license and not a membership) you are responsible for configuring any syncing that you want to occur. You can learn about the options for that here:

Sync your 1Password data

On the 1Password for iOS welcome screen you may need to scroll down to see the additional options.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

P.S. We did also receive your support ticket but since we're now having a conversation here I'll go ahead and close that. Please follow up here if you have further.

• Zizi
    Zizi
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

I had already done that and nothing has worked. My laptop has the license version. There doesn't seem to be a way on the iPhone app to indicate I already have a license. It's not intuitive. It offers the sign up if you don't have it. Otherwise, there are 4 options to click on but none of them have taken me to a place where they can find my account to sync. I've tried 1Passowrd.com and Dropbox to find mine. I moved my vault in my computer to Dropbox and signed into it on my iPhone, but all responses come up that they can't find my account or email.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Zizi

You don't have a 1Password account. If you want one you can sign up for one here (subscription service):

https://start.1password.com/sign-up/plan

If you want to use 1Password across multiple devices with a license you'll need to follow the instructions I posted above to set up syncing with either Dropbox or iCloud.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.