Card Number not working with CIBC.com

hi there, I'm having issues using my 1password login with cibc.com. The password fills, but the card number does not.

I'm using safari and chrome with the browser extensions installed.

I've tried using the command + \ keyboard shortcut and the open and fill button on the following url: https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-banking.html

I've also attempted to wipe the entry in 1password and save the info again. 1password saves the info when entering it the first time, but the next time you try and use it, the card number doesn't work.

One thing to note, changes to the card number dont seem to trigger 1password to ask about saving a new or updated login.

Any thoughts?

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: OS X 10.14.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @jamesbull,

Can you try the following for me please.

1. Save this 1PIF (1Password Interchange Format) file to your Desktop. The file should end in .1pif, if you see .txt please alter the filename accordingly.
    2. Drag the 1PIF file to the 1Password icon in the macOS dock to import into the active vault. If All Vaults is active it will use the default vault for saving (Vaults tab in 1Password's preferences).
    3. Locate the imported item, it will have a tag with the import date.
    4. Enter edit mode and replace the placeholder values with your real account credentials.
    5. Save.

You could recreate the item yourself but I thought this might be easier. The item was created within 1Password for Mac and not the browser and after saving it I returned to edit mode, clicked the View Saved Form Details button and changed the field label for the username from username to Card number. That seemed to be enough to get 1Password to play nicely. Like yourself I found an item saved in the browser did not do well at all and I think it is in part because the site is using a combination of a static string and then a dynamically generated string for the name and ID attributes of each item and it is this I suspect that is confusing 1Password as it found more than one field that matched on the static part. I don't know that they're doing it intentionally but they had to explicitly design it that way rather than just more sensible IDs.

• jamesbull
    jamesbull
    Community Member

@littlebobbytables that 1PIF worked great. Thank you so much!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad lil bobby was able to help. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.