How can I help to bring more languages into 1Password?

OndrejC77
OndrejC77
Community Member

My family members don't speak any of the languages that are now available in 1Password. I'd like to have more language options.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:language

Comments

• Hi @OndrejC77

Which language are you looking for?

Ben

• OndrejC77
    OndrejC77
    Community Member

Slovak

• Thanks for reaching out regarding this, @OndrejC77. We’ll keep Slovak in mind. It is a large undertaking to translate each and every string that appears in 1Password and then to also maintain those translations as 1Password continuously evolves. We’re not adding any new languages right at the moment but we might in the future. I'm sorry I don't have a more encouraging answer to share right now, but I have passed your request along to our team for further consideration.

Ben

• OndrejC77
    OndrejC77
    Community Member

OK Ben, thanks for your reply. I understand the undertaking, for sure. I've worked in IT industry for almost two decades. I just offered a starting point in a form of translation job, free of charge. I know that you could get an interesting amount of clients with that language mutation. Anyway, I'll keep an eye on this if you guys decide to move forward with this. Cheers, Ondrej.

• We do truly appreciate the thought behind the offer. We've had others make similar offers before, set up the project, and most only ended up ~5% completed. There are a lot of strings in 1Password... probably more than many would assume. Having folks on our team that speak a language is something that might help move support forward:

Jobs & careers | 1Password

I don't believe we currently have anyone who speaks Slovak. If you're looking for something new maybe we have an opening that would be a good fit? :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.