Duplicate logins

Options
Eze
Eze
Community Member

Hi, I saw a thread in the forums that suggested the remedy for duplicate logins on a Mac was to delete the Primary vault. I see that the primary vault on my machine in the iCloud vault and under My Name is a vault titles Personal. Isn't the one on iCloud the one syncing with my devices? wouldn't deleting that vault stop my syncs? Thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Eze
    Eze
    Community Member
    Options

should say "is in the iCloud vault"

• rudy
    edited January 2019
    Options

@Eze,

Are you moving from a standalone configuration synced via iCloud to a 1Password.com account? If you are then that would be the right answer, as 1Password.com accounts sync with our servers rather than to a file on Dropbox or a backing database on iCloud. If you're running 1Password 7.2.4 or newer then it should actually have transferred your existing data over to your 1Password.com account and then removed the standalone vaults automatically.

If you're not making that transition then you wouldn't want to delete your primary vault as that's where your data actually lives.

• Eze
    Eze
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Rudy, not sure. I will check it outré. Now I get how to look at this and what to do. 😀

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Eze - on behalf of rudy, you're quite welcome. Glad he was able to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.