FF add-on greyed out

challam
challam
Community Member

I might guess that this is not the correct forum area for this post - however in all the areas for specific OS'es and installation types, there is nothing for Linux (what??? It is 2019 folks...). At any rate, I digress. I placed the post here as I am currently evaluating the Family plan membership. We have iOS devices, Android devices, Windows devices, and yep, Linux devices.

I am using Ubuntu 18.04. I am using FF 64.0. The toolbar button for 1pass is greyed out and there seems to be no way to interact with it. I have scoured Google and these forums - everything is very speficially geared towards targeting those other OSes and not Linux. This is pretty frustrating as I have no means of using this on my primary box. Any assistance on where I can look (outside a different password mgmt provider who considers Linux users) would be appreciated as this is currently a deal breaker for me proceeding to any paid version.

TIA!

1Password Version: FF add-on
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Ubuntu 18.04
Sync Type: unknown

Comments

• Hi @challam,

We do have some options available for Linux which you can read about here:

Use 1Password on Linux

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• challam
    challam
    Community Member

Thanks @Ben - this works without any issues. I'm not sure how I stumbled onto the incorrect version of the extension, or how I did not see the correct one, but thanks a million!

• No problem. Glad to hear that worked. :+1:

Ben

• challam
    challam
    Community Member

Is there any way to allow the extension to save the master pw? Or will that require re-entry every time I open FF?

Thanks,

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@challam - you cannot have the extension "save" the Master Password, that would be insecure. But you can adjust the lock/timeout settings by clicking the gear icon in 1Password X, followed by "Settings." Hope that helps! :)

• challam
    challam
    Community Member

Thanks @Lars !

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@challam - you're quite welcome! :)

This discussion has been closed.