Missing Secure Notes, Credit Cards, and Software License <folders>

Options
vonkafka2
vonkafka2
Community Member

Where did the Secure Notes, Credit Cards, and Software License in 1PW in the Dock go after I updated from 1PW v6 to 1PW v7? I can find them when I log in to 1PW via a web page, but I do not want to have to log in to a web page to check for something in one of those folders.
I am happy that I am using 1PW 7 during a trial period. At this moment I would not upgrade if I had to make a decision of staying with 1PW 6 or paying for 1PW 7. I have used 1PW for years and never had as many problems with previous versions as with 1PW 7.

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 1.13.2
OS Version: OS 10.14.2
Sync Type: none
Referrer: forum-search:secure notes

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@vonkafka2yahoocom - I'm sorry for the confusion! Some things are a little bit different in version 7 from previous versions of 1Password, but many of the largest differences will be if you created a 1password.com account, perhaps when you upgraded from version 6 to version 7. Did you do that, either intentionally or perhaps inadvertently? Can you tell us a bit more about what you mean by "in 1PW in the Dock?" 1Password works like any other application on your Mac: when you launch it, there will be an icon in your Mac's dock. If you like, you can choose to keep that icon visible even when 1Password is not running. The difference is that, when done the latter way, what you're looking at in the Dock is a specific version on disk (as opposed to just whatever's running). So, if you do a full-version upgrade of the app (like from 6 to 7), if you had an icon of the previous version in your Dock, it may be replaced by/overlaid with a question mark, since that older version no longer exists, and the path to the new one is not the same as previously.

It looks as if you're using 1Password X as well -- was that intentional? 1Password X is our new browser-only extension that works only with 1Password accounts. Do you have a 1password.com account/membership, or are you using standalone data? If you're not sure, you can check by opening 1Password Preferences > Vaults and let me know what you see there: how many vaults and what are their names?

• vonkafka2
    vonkafka2
    Community Member
    Options

I upgraded from v6 to v7 on purpose. I have an account.

The 1PW icon in the Dock was not replaced by a question mark after the upgrade. It looks like the icon in v6. By 1PW in the Dock I mean the 1PW icon is there just as my Safari, Firefox, Photos, etc. icons are there. When I want to open Firefox I click on it in the Dock. I click on 1PW in the dock, it opens, and the list of Vaults is: Private; All Vaults (2 vaults); VONKAFKA2G: Private, Shared, (+) New Vault; ON MY MAC: Primary.

I am running 1PW X, and that was intentional because 1PW v7 would not fill in passwords in any login page. I don’t want to use 1PW in a browser; I want it to work from the Dock just like, or almost like, it did in v6.

When I open the browser version of 1PW it looks like what 1PW v6 (without the TAGS) looked like when I opened 1PW v6 from the Dock. It included: All Items, Favorites, Logins, Secure Notes, Credit Cards, Software, Wireless Routers, Software Licenses etc. as I mentioned in my earlier email.

When I open Preferences > Vaults I see:
    Always open to: Private
    Show in All Vaults:
    vonkafka2g
    Private
    Shared
    Primary

I hope that you can help me figure out v7 soon. If not I will delete v7 and go back to v6.
    Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019
    Options

@vonkafka2 - thanks for that. Are you certain you're viewing both All Vaults and All Items, when you're looking for these missing Secure Notes, Credit Cards and Software Licenses? If not, please make sure you've set your viewing options to those, and let me know if you can see the items.

• vonkafka2
    vonkafka2
    Community Member
    Options

I appreciate your working with me on this. I don't know what I have been doing wrong, but now when I open 1PW 7 from the Dock I see the list of items that I want to see:
    All Vaults
    2 vaults

All Items
    Favorites
    Watchtower
    Categories
    Logins
    Secure Notes
    Credit Cards ...
    Software Licenses
    Wireless Routers
    Tags
    Trash.

I see the same list when I open 1PW 7 in a web browser.

If I click on All Vaults (2vaults) in the above list the list disappears and another list appears:
    All Vaults
    2 Vaults
    All Vaults
    2 Vaults

Vonkafka2g
    Private
    Shared
    + New Vault

ON MY MAC
    Primary

A problem occurred in the upgrade though. I now have multiple logins for some accounts, and I need to determine which is the most recent and delete the extras.

Again, thanks for your help. I hope that all of this makes sense.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019
    Options

@vonkafka2 - actually, at this point, to get a better idea of what might be going on with your specific setup, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/?mac

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the Subject line of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#XMI-29828-721]

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. I'll take a look and let you know what I find out.

For anyone else reading, please note: this ID is for @vonkafka2 only. If you’re experiencing the same issue and need help, please ask us for your own ID.

ref: XMI-29828-721

This discussion has been closed.