License Question Mac OS

Options
YooperMichigan
YooperMichigan
Community Member

I purchased 1 Password many years ago for both OS and iOS. Recently 1 Password 6 or 7 has been giving me trouble on OS. 6 doesn't seem to allow for the safari extension and 7 requires I have a membership?

I do not want the membership but would like to continue to use my purchased product. Any thoughts or help would be great!

Thank you.

Chad

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.14.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @YooperMichigan! I'm sorry for the confusion. 1Password 7 for Mac does not require a 1password.com membership; it can be used with standalone data. But, as a new version, 1Password 7 for Mac does require a new license. For the moment, you're able to continue using version 6 with macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”), but - especially if you're a Safari user - that may not last much longer, due to the changes Apple made to the extension format in Safari 12. If you already have 1Password 6 for Mac installed, you should be able to download and install the older-style extension, but only directly from the Safari Extensions Gallery. Let me know how that works for you. :)

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

1PW7 from the App Store requires a membership, but direct from AgileBits you can buy a licence for it.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.