Selecting Vaults Included in "All Vaults" Search in 1Password Mini

Options
johnnyxhuynh
johnnyxhuynh
Community Member

How can I select which vaults are actually included when I am searching "All Vaults" using 1Password Mini? For example, I would have a website open in Safari and press Cmd + . I have an archive vault from which I do not want to see any results. Thanks!

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: 7.2.4
OS Version: macOS 10.14.2
Sync Type: Subscription (I think?)

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@johnnyxhuynh - this preference setting is available in Preferences > Vaults. Any vaults you UNcheck from that list will not appear in All Vaults (or in searches there). You can also set the default vault for saving in this preference panel.

• johnnyxhuynh
    johnnyxhuynh
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me. I had already done that. That only appears to limit my searches when I'm in the main/full 1Password app. When I click on the 1Password icon from the menu bar or activate it using Cmd + \ while using Safari (which I believe is "1Password Mini"), it's as if those settings are not recognized and I end up searching ALL of my vaults. I hope that makes sense. Please let me know if there's any additional info I can provide. Thanks again.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@johnnyxhuynh - that's quite odd, and definitely not expected behavior. I'm using the same setup here that you are, and removing vaults from the All Vaults view immediately removes them from Search, not just in the main app, but also in the mini. To be clear, you will still be able to see those vaults, if you click the 1Password icon drop-down...and you can switch to one of them and then search within it. But if you just type ⌘\ and enter search terms, you should not be receiving results from vaults you've specifically de-selected. Are you certain it's not a case where you might have some of the same data copied into more than one vault and what you're seeing is the result from a vault you did NOT remove from the All Vaults view? Can you try searching for something and making sure you verify the vault it resides in (should be visible in the item details). Let me know what you discover.

This discussion has been closed.