Re-install Standalone license

Options
kajo
kajo
Community Member
edited January 2019 in Mac

Dear 1Password,

I just replaced my old Macbook Air to Macbook Pro and I want to keep my 1Password 6 (standalone) to synch with my laptop and android phone. This setup has worked wonders for me for a long time and I don't like to upgrade it (to v7). I'm more confident keeping the vault locally than synch to the cloud (sorry for being old school).

Anyway, I copied the 1Password app to the new laptop and I think I screwed up everything. Good thing I haven't reformatted yet my Macbook Air coz all my passwords are there.

How do I install it from scratch? Can I still synch it with my android using my new unit? I hope I won't get the 'frozen account' notification coz I'm just using a standalone option.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.14
Sync Type: Local
Referrer: forum-search:account frozen standalone

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kajo

I'm more confident keeping the vault locally than synch to the cloud (sorry for being old school).

No worries! You can install 1Password 7 for Mac and purchase a standalone license for it, and continue using 1Password just as you always have. I could give you plenty of reasons why 1password.com accounts that store your data "in the cloud" are very secure, but if you're already resolved to keep things local, you can still do that in 1Password 7 for Mac. To be clear, version 7 IS a new purchase, but if you're using macOS 10.14 (“Mojave”) (and especially if you're a Safari use), you'll be much better served with version 7.

Having said that, both the current version and the final version of 1Password 6 for Mac are available from our downloads page.

Can you tell me what you think you screwed up with the transfer? Do you still have all of your data in 1Password 6 for Mac on your old MacBook Air, and/or your Android device?

This discussion has been closed.