Secret Notes and multiple notes fields

Options

Hi, I don't know if that topic has been discussed already, but a notes field that can be concealed within every entry is kinda necessary. Especially when we use the 2fa,and we have recovery codes. You don't have a field that we can actually store those codes all together

Comments

• Hi @jimger,

Thanks for writing in.

First, I just want you to know that I've moved your thread to our general Windows forum as it is not related to a specific beta build of 1Password on Windows.

We don't have support for multiple-line custom fields just yet. It is something we'd like to do in the future and that would allow you to create a password field that can grow as you add more data to it.

I have these recovery codes as well and I store them in the custom password field, 1Password will fit them all in one line as needed.

We are trying to figure out an approach for dedicated concealed secure note fields. There are various limitations related to having an unlimited multi-line fields and if we support this, revealing would still require exposing them all at once.

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, personally I don't care to have each individual to be revealed seperately. I am gonna need that future extremely rarely. But having the recovery codes on plain view, is like having password in common view...

• Hi @jimger,

Which is why I suggested the custom password field, you can paste in the list of codes and it'll fit in one line.

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member
    Options

I just tried, it doesn't. It stores only the first line. Usually recovery codes, come in multiple lines

• HI @jimger,

I can confirm that issue now, it is supposed to compress it into one line. We'll get that fixed.

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks 👍

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jimger: On behalf of Mike you are very welcome! :+1:

Please feel free to contact us anytime, we are always ready to help you with 1Password.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.