Older version from app store conflicting with newer verison

coreymaass
coreymaass
Community Member

I rebuilt my Macbok Pro with Mojave. There was no option to install 1Password from the app store, there was just an "open" button. That version (6.8.9) couldn't connect to 1Password Mini. There is no uninstall option in the app store, and AppCleaner doesn't see it.

So I installed 1Password 7 from the app store, and that runs fine. However, when I use spotlight to launch 1Password (screenshot http://prntscr.com/mda1gs ), it shows both and defaults to the older 6.8.9 version that doesn't work. I do not see the older version in my Applications folder or ~/Library/Application Support folder.

How do I uninstall the older version?

Thanks!

Corey

1Password Version: 7, 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.14.3
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:older version

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

VERY IMPORTANT. Never use App Cleaner or similar program to uninstall 1PW, as they are likely to delete your data as well as the program.

I am a touch surprised that 1PW 6.8.9 does not show up in Applications. Perhaps it is on an external drive. Anyway, if it shows in Spotlight, pressing Command while it is selected in Spotlight should reveal its location.

Once you know where it is, you don't need a complicated uninstall procedure. Just trash it and empty the trash.

• coreymaass
    coreymaass
    Community Member

You are correct! Spotlight was finding the backed up version. Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@coreymaass - so....are you all set? @danco is great with this stuff -- and quicker than I was to get to you! -- but I can't tell if you still need assistance? Let us know if so. :)

• coreymaass
    coreymaass
    Community Member

Sorry, I should've been more clear. I'm up and running. Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@coreymaass - no worries! Just didn't want to assume everything was fine and have you wondering why we weren't helping. Glad to hear things are good for you now. :)

This discussion has been closed.