Add a new account without signing into old account first (Mac)

So my wife has lost all her master login info. We tried every password we can think of but can't get in. So I had an extra account in my family plan, so we're starting over. We share an iMac and we both have our own user accounts. We have the 1password mac app and on my side everything works fine, but on her side, I can't seem to add a new account. The app keeps trying to log her into her old (lost) account. When I go to preferences, in the account tab, the + and - buttons are greyed out. I tried the same process on my side and the buttons are greyed out until I actually sign in. How can I get her old account info off her side completely without her old login info? I have suspended her old account through the website, and even uninstalled and reinstalled 1password. It still defaults to her old account. How can I fix this?

1Password Version: 7.2.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @EurekaGraphicDesign,

Since it won't be possible to regain access to the account, it might be best to just reset the 1Password app data and start from scratch. That way you can add the new account without needing the old account's master password.

Instructions on resetting the 1Password app can be found here: https://support.1password.com/starting-over/

Hopefully that helps. Please let us know if you have any questions or if we can help in any way.

This discussion has been closed.