Doesn't my family member have the ability to have the app on her mac, as I do on mine?

KeBa1
KeBa1
Community Member

How can I put the 1PW7 software on my wife's mac, as I did mine? It's looking like she may have to access it online only? Big issue, as she may at times wish to refer to shared notes (in our shared vault), for example, while not online. Please advise.

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• KeBa1
    KeBa1
    Community Member

Please ignore my last question about installing software for my family member...I now have it done. I do have another, however. When I open the software on her mac and look at the far left column, where vaults, favorites, etc. are, and hit the arrow by vaults to see the individual vaults, I see KEITH (my name) above the Private and Shared vaults. (I worry that this will confuse my wife.) I see the flag, I assume symbolizing the overall account across from my name. Is that because I created the whole account and it's sort of officially mine? If so, okay, but wondered why my name would appear. If it needs to be that way, okay, I will just edit the name of Private to include my wife's first name. Thanks

• KeBa1
    KeBa1
    Community Member

Ugh...I'm sorry for too many questions. I just found what I think is the answer to why the name KEITH (me) shows on my wife's computer (Families plan). It's because when the setup, a couple days ago, asked me what to call me, I said Keith. Had I known that was going to be the name of the account, I would have called it Baker, Baker Account. Can I change it?

• Hi @KeithBaker1

No worries. You can change the name of the membership here:

https://start.1password.com/settings/account

If anything else comes up please feel free to ask. :+1:

Ben

• KeBa1
    KeBa1
    Community Member

Done -- Thanks, Ben

• No problem. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.