New 1password installation on PC will not recognize Mac's .opvault file

I used 1Password exclusively on Apple products, and it upgraded the vault file type to .opvault. I just tried to add 1password on my pc laptop, but the new installation is only looking for an agile file which I no longer have. How do I install 1password on my new pc? I don't use 1Password's syncing service (I've been using 1Pass very happily for eons and would prefer to keep things as they are then move to a monthly service!). Thank you-

1Password Version: 6.8.8 Mac
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.14.3
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Lesnla,

Thanks for writing in.

1Password 7 for Windows only support OPVault, not agilekeychain.

Did you install Dropbox first on your PC and wait until it finish syncing everything? Once that happens, you can open 1Password and select the Dropbox option to open your 1Password.opvault folder (don't go inside the OPVault folder).

If you did that but see something else, can you tell me what error you see or what you see? You can take a screenshot and drag the image in your reply box here, please make sure it doesn't contain any sensitive information.

• Lesnla
    Lesnla
    Community Member

I've just downloaded and installed it, it says the app is up to date- so assuming its 1password 7 - but it won't see my .opvault file in the 1password folder on dropbox- only the agile one. no error- just doesn't seem to recognize it and doesn't show it.

• Lesnla
    Lesnla
    Community Member

oh weirdly- its looking for a "1Password license file" which only shows the agile file... I don't know what that means

• Lesnla
    Lesnla
    Community Member

OH I guess i have to buy a license for the pc regardless of whether i have them for my mac world devices! maybe that's the problem! weird tho that it sees the agile file as a licensed file but not the osvault?

• Lesnla
    Lesnla
    Community Member

ok so it opened my other vault, converted it, made it read only, and then told me to buy a license. I guess after I purchase a license it will see the .opvault file?

• Lesnla
    Lesnla
    Community Member

Nope. bought license, still doesn't see the file.

• Lesnla
    Lesnla
    Community Member

OK solved problem- for anyone who has this problem, I opened dropbox via the file browser, it didn't show the file either. I then opened dropbox directly instead of navigating to it on via explorer, and received a windows notice that dropbox was making changes. Then in the explorer window the file showed up. I opened it through 1password and voilà!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Lesnla,

Thank you for keep us posted! I am glad to hear that Dropbox synced and you found your vault folder. :)

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with, we are always here for you. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.