Question about using 1Password extension on more than one browser

I have a default browser, of course, but occasionally have reason to want to use one or two others (on the same mac, but of course, at different times.)

Is there any reason that doing this may cause an issue for 1Password? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Question about using 1Password extension on more than one browser

Comments

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Hi @KeithBaker1! :)

There shouldn't be any problems with most combinations, such as Safari + Chrome + Firefox + Brave. However, if you plan on using Safari and Safari Technology Preview at the same time, the extension will work only on the one that's chosen as default. If you'd be willing to give me an idea about which browsers you'd like to use, I can give you a more straightforward answer. :smile:

• KeBa1
    KeBa1
    Community Member

At most, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. Thanks.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @KeithBaker1,

There won't be any problem using all of those browsers. The only thing you won't be able to use for all of them is open-and-fill from the main 1Password window as that uses the default browser. If you're a fan of open-and-fill then the alternative is to do so from 1Password mini while the desired browser is active. If you run into any trouble with any of those browsers please let us know.

This discussion has been closed.