Thanks AgileBits

Credit where credit is due.
Thanks for being ready for Apple OS Lion. 1Password is one of my most favorite apps, and to be able to use it as soon as I installed Lion is great! So many of my other faves were simply not ready.

Comments

• bswins
    edited August 2011
    Hello docjcr and welcome to the Forums!

Thanks for the kind words! We are very happy that you were pleased with our effort to be ready for Lion's release, and we hope you've been more pleased with our recent updates.

1Password is one of my favorite apps too, and that is not just because I work with the best team on earth!

Cheers!

Brandt
  • Cloaky
    Cloaky
    Community Member
    I was about to make a topic just to say Thanks...
    Keep up the amazing work guys!!! Its by far my fav application!
  • benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    Thanks for adding FF 5 support to 1P/Mac 3.5. It'd be great if you could provide some sense of your intentions going forward given the current Firefox and Chrome release schedules.
  • MikeT
    edited August 2011
    benfdc wrote:

Thanks for adding FF 5 support to 1P/Mac 3.5. It'd be great if you could provide some sense of your intentions going forward given the current Firefox and Chrome release schedules.
    Hi Ben,

While it does seem like our main focus is on Safari 5.1 right now, there is a reason for that and it does affect both Chrome and Firefox. We do plan to provide some information about Firefox and Chrome soon. Keep a look out at our blog, we’ll announce the information there.
  • Fooligan
    Fooligan
    Community Member
    Yes, you guy's are making some serious headway on the new Safari extension. I have actually jumped from Chrome to Safari on Lion with all of Safari's new features. The 1P extension is great. I really like the new UI and direction of the extension.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2011
    Thanks, Fooligan! I myself actually switched back to Safari (from Chrome) when I upgraded to Lion. Something about that rubber-banding at the end of a page scroll has really endeared me. :lol: Not to mention that the table seems to have turned with regard to stability. Previously Chrome was rock-solid and Safari was crashy. Thanks likely in part to WebKit2, Safari 5.1 is now back on top. Chrome is getting better every day, though. It will be nice to be able to choose a browser based on factors besides stability soon. :-)
  • benfdc
    benfdc
    Community Member
    Unfortunately, Chrome 5.1 breaks Evernote, which I rely on almost as much as 1P/Mac. Evernote is pushing its web clipper bookmarklet as a work-around, but that requires the bookmark bar, which I prefer to hide. I use Shareaholic with Chrome, but those folks don't have a working Safari extension yet either.

*sigh*

But I do like this Safari extension, and look forward to its migration to other browsers. And who knows? Maybe this extension will turn out to be a bridge to even greater things (e.g. 1P/Linux, improved password sharing, etc.).

A guy can dream, can't he?
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks for the kind words, Ben! I am proud to be a part a team that responds so quickly to the changing browser landscape. You ain't seen nothin' yet. :-)
  • Macrina
    edited August 2011
    I just want to say...

that I'm very impressed with Agile's patience & kindness in responding to the veritable firestorm of complaints about the new browser extension. :) Congratulations for maintaining poise and civility and for rapidly making the needed changes!

I'm personally very thankful for the modification of the GUI; I'd been very dismayed at the initial look ~ it was just such a departure from the previous sleekly efficient drop down. It looks and feels much better now, more like a genuine part of 1Password.

So...Thank You, Ladies & Gents of 1Password. 1P is truly a remarkable and essential application. Couldn't do without it!
  • I'm sending you MY thanks today because of a strange coincidence which might have caused me no end of trouble, but I was saved by 1Password.

I recently was visiting my PayPal account and making a couple of changes. I use the 1Password feature on the Application where I click to the web address shown and it launches my default browser (Firefox) and I can then use the plug in to select my log in. Part of what I was doing required me to "link" Paypal to my E-bay settings. In that series of steps there was a confirmation e-mail sent which I had to respond to to complete the transaction.

Shortly after this I got a couple of follow ups from both Paypal and E-bay but there was a second one from Paypal.

Here's where 1Password saved my bacon.

I saw a confirmation for a transaction I had not done and it offered me a chance to verify or confirm my apparent purchase. The link on the e-mail took me to a spoof page which looked very much like the Paypal log in page I had just been visiting. As I'm in the habit of using the new 1P button on Firefox (and I have to say I had no trouble making the transition between the previous plug in and this one) I tried to load in my username and pswd into the fields on this spoof page. But nothing came up. That is, nothing was listed for Paypal -- for this particular web page. Then I noticed the URI showing was nothing like paypal and was likely someone wanting me to write in my information for them.

If I was in the habit of writing or pasting-in my information without the help of 1Password then I might have accidentally participated in a phishing scam and given away some pretty important information. But I rely on 1Password for keeping track of my many accounts and log ins because I have begun to use unique (and indecipherable) passwords instead of my stable of remembered ones.

So, once I realized the phishing page was not real I went to my 1Password entry again and clicked through to the right address. I checked my accounts there and found no such purchase was showing. Good enough for me.

I would have preferred to start a new thread in another section of your forum, but this will do me just fine. A great big thank you for making something so easy to use and for which I can now credit with saving me from myself. The most important threats to security are between the ears of computer users. I've been on a campaign to shift away from using repeat passwords or a one-fits-all solution in my online work and I found 1Password helps me do this better than anything else I looked into.

My Firefox plug-in helped keep me from assuming I was on the right page. I am absolutely sure I would have plunged headlong into my mistake if 1P had not caused me to hesitate long enough to wonder. Thanks so much. And I've seen a lot lately on the forum which is taking you to task for the new Firefox plug-in at v3.8 and I have to say I'm doing alright with it. I do miss the "generate" feature being on the tabs-bar, but I'm sure I can get used to finding the new "dial" icon and making one there.

Most sincerely!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    A hearty welcome to the forums, scambleters! What a great post to show how useful 1Password can be. It puts a smile on my face every time I hear a story like this. There is a reason we do what we do, and while making money is a part of that, you can't put a price on helping another human being. To paraphrase a quote attributed to Walt Disney, "We don't help people to make money. We make money to help more people."

I will pass this along to the rest of the team. You've made my day, and I know you will do the same for the rest of them.

Thanks for being part of the AgileBits family!
  • Thanks for the Right click functionality. I feel like I'm back home.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, grumps2u!

We know some folks really love the contextual menu, so we didn't want them to feel left out.

I'm glad it was something that helped you, too! I've passed your thanks along to the rest of the team.

Welcome home. :-)
  • I'm wanting to say another general Thank You to all the Admins, Mods and Staff and Devs of AgileBits! (clap)

I've been coming to the fora every day and reading, reading, reading; trying to learn more and I remain so impressed with your patience, calmness and clarity in the face of all the whinin' and ragin' going on! I've noticed that your responses on the threads stay polite and dispassionate even in the fact of crassness and rudeness. This is commendable.

You are truly a class act And have an excellent, though temporarily beleaguered, product. Soldier On!
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    (party)

I shared your words with the rest of the team. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.