Clearing browser data keeps 1Password unlocked

I clear my browsing data (cookies, history) from time to time to start fresh and I noticed today that if I had 1PX unlocked, then went and cleared all my browsing data, 1Password remained unlocked with access to my logins even after cookies and data were deleted. I then went to my.1password.com and was prompted to login fresh. This put me off since 1PX was still functioning as normal despite not being logged into the online client.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.14.3
OS Version: 10.14.3
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jadchaar,

As an extension 1Password X isn't storing cookies, Chrome stores data for us in its own encrypted database and that data is separate from anything related to any specific page. To purge 1Password X completely you would need to remove and reinstall the extension as Chrome deletes any extension related data when you do so.

If all you wish to do is lock 1Password X then from the toolbar button menu click the cog icon and small menu will appear where one of the options will be Lock.

Does that help at all?

• jadchaar
    jadchaar
    Community Member

Ah ok, I just thought that 1PX worked by being connected to my 1Password account that I am logged into on the web, that's why I brought this up. Not sure if it is really an issue though.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jadchaar,

If you thought everything was linked via the cookies I can see how clearing them would upset a person if there was none of the expected effect on the extension. I hope the explanation as to what is happening helped and if you have any other questions I will certain do my best to answer them.

This discussion has been closed.