Can't save logins from the popup

So, when I register somewhere, I enter all the details, generate my password, and when the "save login" popup appears, I click "save", but the button goes red and it says that it can't connect to the server, which means that I have to enter the login manually in the dashboard. And it's incredibly frustrating when the issue is already going on at least a whole week.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1Password X 1.10.2
OS Version: Linux Ubuntu 17.10
Sync Type: 1Password Membership

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Budgieee: Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry for the trouble. We made some changes to help with this in the update. Can you update your browser completely, restart your computer, and let me know if you're still experiencing the same issue?

• Budgieee
    Budgieee
    Community Member

@brenty I'm probably dumb or something, but I checked the version, it is 10.10.2. I have also tried to update the OS, if that's the issue. But it still can't connect. I have updated everything, I just don't really know what to do with this anymore. I also did not provide the browser version, it is Chrome 67.0.3396.87 official build, 64-bit.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Budgieee: While I'd recommend updating your browser (Chrome 68 has been out for a while now; go to it's About screen and update completely), the issue you're describing is known and something the development team is working on. It's possible that updating with help, but I suspect we just need to find a fix for that. I'm sorry if 1.10.2 didn't fully resolve this for you. Thanks for your patience while we work on this. :blush:

• Budgieee
    Budgieee
    Community Member

@brenty Thanks for the info, I just noticed that my Chrome copy stopped updating for no reason, I will try to update and will inform you about the results.

• lucafasolis
    lucafasolis
    Community Member

Hi same here, can't save login from popup. even after updating 1Password X.
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise
    Chorme Version 68.0.3440.106
    1Password X 1.10.2

Thanks,
    Luca

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Budgieee: That was my guess. Probably a good idea to drag Chrome to the Trash and install a fresh copy. Let me know how it turns out! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lucafasolis: I'm sorry for the inconvenience. We're looking into why the changes we made in 1.10.2 didn't help some people. When you get the error, can you check the logs and tell me what it says?

1. Open Chrome and go to chrome://extensions/
    2. Under 1Password X, click "background page"
    3. Click "Debug" underneath "1Password X - Password Manager"
    4. Select the "Console" tab
    5. Unlock 1Password X
    6. Copy everything in the Console and save it to a text file

Thanks in advance!

• Budgieee
    Budgieee
    Community Member

@brenty Upgrading to the newest Chrome version did not help, so I guess I will wait for the fix.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Budgieee: I didn't expect it to, but it never hurts to try -- and always a good thing to stay up to date anyway.

Could you reproduce the issue you're having and grab the logs like I described above? I'd like to confirm that we're all talking about the same thing, and it may help us find a solution.

• lucafasolis
    lucafasolis
    Community Member

Hi brenty i did that, unfortunately in the console log there are some confindetial information of my company PC which i'm not allowed to disclouse :( so thaks anyway for the time being, i'll hope in the next update :chuffed:

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@lucafasolis: Hmm. I can't imagine how there would be confidential information in 1Password X's background page. Would you be able to share it with us privately, perhaps by sanitizing it? Not only might it help us address the issue, but if there's something we could do to improve what is logged that's something worth looking into as well.

• sliderules
    sliderules
    Community Member

I'm having the same problem.

• sliderules
    sliderules
    Community Member

I've tried to attach a .txt file, but I get some kind of error about 'file format is not allowed'. same for .pdf. I'm not willing to paste the entire log into this comment box. I've substituted "MYACCOUNTID" for my user ID. Both the extension and the web site were open and unlocked. Here's a piece of it:

save-login-response @ background.js:31
    background.js:31 [OP] Locked at Thu Jan 31 2019 04:27:48 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)
    _generated_background_page.html:1 Unchecked runtime.lastError while running tabs.insertCSS: The tab was closed.
    at Module.P (chrome-extension://aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa/background/background.js:16:22583)
    at Ne (chrome-extension://aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa/background/background.js:31:208424)
    background.js:9 PBES2g-HS256(100000): 85.96923828125ms
    background.js:9 [action/Session#verify] Error: Please authenticate with MFA
    at new t (background.js:9)
    at background.js:9
    (anonymous) @ background.js:9
    background.js:9 [action/auth#signInWithEmailAndPassword] Error: Please authenticate with MFA
    MYACCOUNTID.1password.com/api/v1/auth/mfa:1 Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 401 ()
    background.js:9 [_request] Request "/api/v1/auth/mfa" failed: Error: Authentication required.
    at _handleQwestError (background.js:9)
    at Array.f (background.js:24)
    at background.js:24
    at background.js:24
    at p (background.js:24)
    at s (background.js:24)
    background.js:9 [action/Session#verifyMFA] Error: MFA authentication failed
    background.js:9 [action/auth#completeMFASignInWithDSecret] Error: MFA authentication failed
    background.js:31 Sync error 110
    E.handleSyncError.e @ background.js:31
    4background.js:31 Failed to save login.

• sliderules
    sliderules
    Community Member

Also, I've tried this when my VPN has been running, as well as when I've shut it off. I'm running Windows 10, 64-bit OS, build 1809. My browser is Chrome, 72.0.3626.81.

• ag_sebastian
    ag_sebastian
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @sliderules! Have you enabled 2FA recently? If so, I'd like to ask you to sign into 1Password.com in that browser again and see if that helps. Let me know how that goes.

• sliderules
    sliderules
    Community Member

Yes, it is enabled and I am using the Microsoft 2FA program on my mobile phone. However, I haven't been prompted to use it lately on the desktop application. Also, have you encountered any issues with use of NordVPN?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @sliderules,

I believe we've had issues with 2FA in the past and we thought we'd gotten it all resolved. Looks like we might have been wrong in that assessment. As you've kindly supplied the console logs I'm not sure there's a lot more we need to try and glean from this broken state 1Password X is in so can you see if removing 1Password X and reinstalling a fresh copy resolves the issue. I don't believe your use of a VPN is a factor and it's something to do with the MFA.

• sliderules
    sliderules
    Community Member

I installed 7.3.657, still a problem with updating or saving passwords. Error message is the same, no internet connection.

• sliderules
    sliderules
    Community Member

The 1Password desktop application seems to be launching now - I believe that before this install, it was launching a browser tab and logging in via internet, rather than using the installed software on my laptop. However, I'm still frustrated with the inability to update or generate new logins & passwords. Regarding updates of passwords, I am going to the site login entry in my app and using edit to update the passwords. However, there is no way that I know of to create a new login entry for a new site. Not keen about having to use a workaround

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @sliderules,

I don't believe updating the native 1Password application will help here I'm afraid. Removing 1Password X from Chrome and installing a fresh copy essentially resets the extension and from what I've seen in the past resolves the issue at least temporarily if not longer. Can you try that please if you haven't already.

• sliderules
    sliderules
    Community Member

Ok, have done that & it seems to be working now. I think the problem was that the desktop application never got a proper installation - although it was listed in the program log, when the icon was clicked it only served as a shortcut to ipassword.com. If you would like, I can send the complete log files from my appdata/1password/logs directory.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sliderules – I'm glad to hear everything's working for you. I'll let @littlebobbytables chime in if he's interested in your logs, but I think we're good for now. :)

This discussion has been closed.