reinstalled 1 Password 4

Options

reinstalled 1 Password 4 put my key, added ext to Chrome and Firefox. Firefox works Chrome wont. Nothing happens in Chrome when I click 1 Password icon. I've uninstalled 1 password and deleted the extension then installed and added a second time. Still same results

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I have One Password 4. Works finer with Firefox but not with Chrome. Have extensions loaded.

Comments

• Barb22c
    Barb22c
    Community Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

This happens on both PC and MS Surface. I've used on PC for a few years now and on Windows 10. Just got Surface and also had to restore my PC that's why I'm having issues now.

• Barb22c
    Barb22c
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry but when I try to open one password when on a web site it opens but my files/passwords aren't there, it's all blank. But when on the computer if I open one password I see everything. It's seems to not be carrying to Chrome. But when on Chrome if I log into a web site yes a box opens asking if I want to save but it says read only and I can't put anything in the box or edit anything.

• Hi @Barb22c,

Thanks for writing in. I've moved this thread to our legacy 1Password 4 forum.

1Password 4 no longer support the latest Chrome 72 version, they've changed their code signature that trips our security check in 1Password 4.

If you want to use Chrome 72, you can choose to use 1Password 7 but it is a separate purchase. Please read this post for more information: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/489415/#Comment_489415

• Barb22c
    Barb22c
    Community Member
    Options

But it was working on my PC right up to yesterday when MS told me I needed to do a total restore. So you saying it won't work doesn't seem right to me.

• Hi @Barb22c,

That sounds like Chrome 72 wasn't updated yet on your PC. Chrome 72 was released last week, which is when it stops working. It takes time for everyone to get updated to that build. You likely just got updated today and it stopped working with 1Password.

You can still use 1Password 4 with Firefox for now.

• Barb22c
    Barb22c
    Community Member
    Options

SHIT : angry, Just my luck. On a very tight fixed income so van't afford to upgrade to 1 Password 7

• I understand. You can still use it with Firefox, Vivaldi (which uses the same Chrome engine), and Brave if you want.

You can also email us at support+windows@1Password.com with the link to this thread included and we may be able to do something for you.

This discussion has been closed.