Options
Stecyk
Stecyk
Community Member
edited February 2019 in Families
  • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit O/S
  • 1Password for Families version 7.3.657

Hello,

I am unable to retrieve prior passwords.

I received an email from 500px.com that I needed to reset my password because it might have been hacked. I reset my password, and out of curiosity, I tried to copy and paste my old password into a text editor (UltraEdit 64-Bit) to see what I had used.

When I hit the “created” and then “copy,” followed by Control-v to paste into UltraEdit, I simply got the date of the password. I tried the same sequence of steps with “last modified” and got the same result with the proper date. I then left my 500px.com entry, hit “Favorites”, hit “All items,” and searched for 500px.com. I once again tried “created” and “last modified” with the same result. Below is what I get from copying and pasting “last modified”:

2/14/2019 5:35 AM

That’s not much help, is it? It certainly isn’t my password. Put differently, there is nothing I can do to view my old password. Please see graphic below.

Fortunately, I do not need access to my old passwords. But you should know that there is a bug you need to exterminate.

I wrote to support to notify 1Password of the bug. I was given this link that shows how to revert or restore an old password:

https://support.1password.com/item-history/

I don't want to restore or revert. I just wanted to see what kind of password the hackers now have. Was it a secure password or was it one of my earlier insecure passwords? It's secure. There's nothing that they can do with it. Again, from the graphic, one would expect that it would copy the old password, not the date.

Compare and contrast the behavior for viewing old passwords using 1Password for Families Windows and iOS versions. iOS works as expected. Windows does not.

I hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,
Kevin

1Password Version: 7.3.657
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi @Stecyk

Please click here, where I've circled in red:

The last modified and created dates are entities of their own. They relate to the Login item itself, not your previously used passwords.

Thanks. :)

Ben

• Stecyk
    Stecyk
    Community Member
    Options
  • Ben
    Options

Glad to hear that helped. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.