Chrome Extension Stopped Working

My Chrome (Version 72.0.3626.96 (Official Build) (64-bit)) extension has stopped working on Windows 8.1 Pro

When I click on the extension button nothing happens.

I have followed all the directions in https://support.1password.com/extension-troubleshooting/ including removing and re-installing the extension. Chrome is up to date.

I would appreciate any assistance possible on how to fix.

The only different thing was a Windows Update was installed today.....not sure if that is related.

1Password Version: 4.6.2.626
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 8.1 Pro
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:chrome extension not working

Comments

• fredzz
    fredzz
    Community Member

Same problem for my Chrome (same build) on Windows 10
    The 1password extension is working on Firefox

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Simnstj and @fredzz,

I hope you don't mind that I moved this post to 1Password 4 category.

The thing is that 1Password 4 for Windows is discontinued and it will not work with the latest version of Chrome 72. Please see this reply of mine for more information about this situation and possible options.

If you have other questions, we will be happy to help. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• BarneyLawn
    BarneyLawn
    Community Member

I have the same problem with the Chrome extension on Windows.
    How can 1Password 4 for Windows be discontinued when 1Password Version: 4.6.2.626 is the latest version.

• 4.6.2.626 is the latest version of 1Password 4, @BarneyLawn, but 1Password 7 is an entirely new app and the latest version of 1Password for Windows. I've covered all of this in a lot more detail, including your options moving forward, in this announcement post. I'd start there and, of course, if you have questions we're happy to help. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.