1password icon not responding.

just stopped working. has come up with a message like "pad must be reloaded" but when i reloaded - still not working and no pop up message

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: win 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1pasword icon not responding.

Comments

• Hi @jum,

Thanks for writing in.

Can you tell me if you're using 1Password 4? If yes, that is due to 1Password 4's code signature check not recongizing Chrome 72 anymore. Please read here for more details.

If you're using 1Password 7, can you confirm which version is installed? You should be running 7.3.657.

• jum
    jum
    Community Member

thanks for respnse - how can i tell which version i'm on?

• To find your version, @jum, open the main 1Password app and choose Help > About 1Password. :+1:

• jum
    jum
    Community Member

thanks for response - i only have the trail 1password app and it states vers 4.
    does the mean i have to pay for v7 so i can get it running again?
    i brought your product in 2015 (under the impression it was a one time cost) and have been happy with it.

• Hi @jum,

does the mean i have to pay for v7 so i can get it running again?

If you want to use Chrome only and securely, yes. There's a way to work around it but we don't recommend it.

Please do read our pinned announcement for more details.

i brought your product in 2015 (under the impression it was a one time cost) and have been happy with it.

It is a one-time fee, for the version you bought it for. You pay once for 1Password 4 for Windows and can use it forever on any PCs. Gotcha is that it doesn't extend to all future versions of third party software; meaning that 1Password 4 will work fine but it may not work in future versions of any other software like Windows 11 or later and any third party browsers. That support would require us to spend new development efforts to support, which then means a new upgrade would be required.

Note that we've shipped the first release 1Password 4 in the summer of 2014 and kept releasing updates up to late 2017 when we started to work on 1Password 6/7 for Windows. Right now, all of our focus is on 1Password 7 but we will ship any critical security updates as needed for 1Password 4, just not new features nor improvements, these will go into 1Password 7 or later.

• @jim, so you'd know, I've moved this to our legacy 1Password 4 forums.

This discussion has been closed.