1 password ver. 4.6.2.626 extension will not install on google Chrome???

my google chrome had to be re-installed after updating anti virus program on Windows 10. When I try to install it, it takes me to the 1 Password 7 login site and insists that I login and provide a security key and master password. It says that I don't need a security code for the desktop version but provides no other information on how to bypass that screen or how to install the extension. Any ideas on how to get it to work, does it have anything to do with the anti virus program (Bulwark privacy wall)?

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: 4.6.2.626
OS Version: Windows 10 64 bit
Sync Type: Google
Referrer: forum-search:Desktop version extension won't install on Chrome

Comments

• georgesavage46
    georgesavage46
    Community Member

my google chrome had to be re-installed after updating anti virus program on Windows 10. When I try to install it, it takes me to the 1 Password 7 login site and insists that I login and provide a security key and master password. It says that I don't need a security code for the desktop version but provides no other information on how to bypass that screen or how to install the extension. Any ideas on how to get it to work, does it have anything to do with the anti virus program (Bulwark privacy wall)?

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:Desktop version extension won't install on Chrome

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

@georgesavage46: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you're trying to use 1Password X, but that will only work with a 1Password.com membership. That's the only way you'd have a Secret Key or sign in address, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account and sync your data from another device. And then you can install the 1Password desktop extension which works with the standalone app:

https://1password.com/browsers/

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. You can try it for free for 30 days to take advantage of all of its benefits. Either way though, let me know if you have any questions! :)

• kalashbr
    kalashbr
    Community Member

i have the same problem.... chrome extension stop working from some days ago....
    1password 4.6.2.626
    chrome 72.0.3626.109 (Versão oficial) 64 bits
    Extension: 4.7.3.90

Tried everything, but nothing happen when click in "context menu > 1Password"

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kalashbr: Sorry for the confusion. Chrome has changed in version 72 and 1Password 4 does not support it. You can find more details in the announcement at the top of this forum:

1Password 4 doesn't support Chrome 72 or later (but 1Password 7 does!)

• kalashbr
    kalashbr
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

Hi @brenty!
    I checked the link and saw that have how to disable the check browser code, but i prefer dont do that. I prefer update the software. Do you have a different price (membership or license upgrade) for clients like me (old and recurring customer), who already have bought licenses for you?
    I have 2 licenses from you. One of 1password 4 for windows and one 1password 5 for mac. Could you give me what value would it be?

Well, I need to check if it will be more interesting for me to upgrade to membership or update the license, even though I know that for you, the goal is to convert the majority to membership, which of course should facilitate internally for you and also the revenue / cash flow , since we know that in reality we pay for a service (support, software update, fixes, etc.) and whoever thinks that he will buy a license like this and use for the rest of his life is ignorant because the company needs to earn money to continue to update, innovate and improve the software, taking into account that for this specific case, both security, constant updates and bug and bug fixes are fundamental, as we are talking about something super important for users, which are the passwords and sensitive and valuable information of them.. Unless the person uses the software offline, on their own computer without upgrading, with no multidevices and browsers integrations, but we know that this is practically impossible, since it would completely limit one of the main features of the software.
    I know that even buying the license upgrade instead of the membership, I am actually paying [X U$] for more [X Years] of service from you and that when I reach this new time, I will pay again.
    Since most of the features of membership services are not important to my use, a license update might be more interesting. Even knowing that the personal value/importance/relevance of a software / service like yours is very high, the cost of it (U$) for my country's people is much higher than for other countries that have more valued currencies.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kalashbr: Indeed, we also prefer the "upgrade" option rather than disabling security checks, and not just because we get paid that way; it's just good security. The current version of 1Password is always continually updated, so it already supports the latest browser and OS versions.

You can find license pricing in the announcements detailing what's new:

1Password 7 for Mac: The Best Ever

1Password 7 for Windows: The Best Ever

Or you can get all of the apps (and a lot of other benefits) as part of a 1Password membership:

About 1Password membership

And if you'll shoot us an email at sales@1password.com with your purchase details, we'll be happy to help you make the transition. :)

This discussion has been closed.