Unable to scroll down when an item has a very long notes section

okand
okand
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi.

I've got a login item that in addition to a couple of regular text and password fields also has a very long note. Like 50 lines long.

This makes the whole login item long enough to not fit in the window and I get to scroll some and the notes section is long enough to get its own internal scroll too.

If my mouse cursor is over the notes section then the notes will scroll and if I want to scroll the whole item to get down to the web form details or look at the modification time I need to carefully place the mouse cursor in the tiny gap to the right between the notes and the scroll bar for the whole login item because once the note has been scrolled to the bottom nothing moves further.

The most interesting thing about this is that it does not apply when scrolling upwards again. If I leave my mouse cursor over the note and turn the wheel on my mouse to go upwards first the note scrolls up to the top and then the rest of the login item starts to scroll upwards too, just like I would expect it to have worked on the way down.

Here is a video to show what I mean: https://my.mixtape.moe/czgfaz.mp4

1Password Version: 7.3.661
Extension Version: 4.7.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10 18.09
Sync Type: 1Password Account

Comments

• MikeT
    edited February 2019

Hi @okand,

Thanks for reporting this.

Good catch, we'll need to give the note field more padding on both sides to give you more breathing room for scrolling the item.

I'm not sure why the scrolling down momentum didn't apply to the item, we're using the default behaviors. We'll check and see if we can fix it.

Thanks again!

This discussion has been closed.