Community Member
edited February 2018 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have 1password but it says all the time looking for helper

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @dviree: Most commonly, this will happen when you've installed the 1Password extension, but not the desktop app. 1Password needs both to work its magic. Get the app, if you haven't already, and if you have check that "Enable Native Messaging for Chrome" and "Enable Native Messaging for Firefox" are both checked in Settings > Advanced. If either isn't checked, check 'em, restart your browser and give it another try. Let us know what you find out. :chuffed:

• TucsonTom2
    TucsonTom2
    Community Member
    Options

All I see in Settings > advanced is Proxy and Encryption settings. There is no "Enable Native Messaging for Chrome" setting option.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@TucsonTom2: It sounds like maybe you haven't yet setup and/or unlocked 1Password. You'll have more in Settings once you do. However, above, back in 2018, Kate was referring to an older version of 1Password, where it had options for Native Messaging. The current version does not, as it uses that no matter what. Can you tell me the specific issue you're having, and the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions involved? Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.