Connecting Wife to my Account

HJbueno
HJbueno
Community Member

Hi , I want my wife to have access to my account. The app has been down loaded to her iPhone but there isn't a way to link her in to my account. The system is asking for a Key? I dont recall getting a key. I have 1Password version 7.2.7. What do I need to do to allow my wife to link in? I purchased the Pro a few years ago. (Hopefully you guys have improved the process because when I first started it was very difficult.)

1Password Version: 7.27
Extension Version: ???
OS Version: 12.1.4
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I have version 7.2.7 do I need to upgrade to allow my wife to link in?

Comments

• kothman
    kothman
    Community Member

Hey @HJbueno - if you purchased Pro a while back, this means you bought standalone license (only for one person, one device). More info from a previous discussion on this can be found here.

I'm not sure if standalone licenses can still be purchased for the iOS app (maybe someone from the support team can clarify this), but if so, this can be done through the app. After that, you can share passwords using Dropbox.

Alternatively, you could sign up for a 1Password Family membership - this is billed annually or monthly, and makes it a whole lot easier to share passwords between family members.

Hope that helps!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@HJbueno: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you'd need to use 1Password without an account and sync data yourself, like it sounds like you're doing using iCloud. With an in-app purchase through the App Store, it isn't possible to "share" that purchase Wirth other Apple IDs. Apple's Family Sharing feature does not allow that. And if you wanted to share your 1Password data, that also won't work between separate iCloud Apple IDs. You'd need to be using the same one.

You can, however, get a 1Password Families membership, and that includes 5 family members in the base price. It also allows you to easily share vaults securely and help family members recover their accounts if they get locked out — along with many other benefits. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.